[openstack-dev] [os-ansible-deployment] Periodic job in infra to test upgrades?

Andy McCrae andy.mccrae at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 10:47:25 UTC 2017

> OK - is there any way that I can assist?
>
> What about the challenges I discussed in my initial mail related to
> long AIO build times etc..?

I think there are some options, but the idea we're going with at the moment
is to look into setting this up as a periodical - we're at about 1hr per
full AIO build, so i don't think we'll be able to (reliably) keep the gate
to under 1hr30 if we include an upgrade scenario - unless we have some
ideas around how we build the initial AIO build - that could cut down the
time.

That's mostly conjecture at this point though - since we don't have a test
scenario setup.

The work we can do now, which if you're able to help with would be really
great, is:

Plan how we execute the actual job - at the moment the aio is run through a
script (scripts/gate-check-commit.sh) - the upgrade test would have to hook
into this (using the SCENARIO=upgrade) var, or we'd need to look into
changing this method up entirely (role gates all use tox for example).

If the current method is sufficient we need to set the job up. Once we have
a working scenario (regardless of time taken for the test), we can look
into ways we can ensure this gets run, and what options we have.

Andy