[openstack-dev] [tripleo] [ci] TripleO-Quickstart Transition to TripleO-CI Update and Invite:

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Wed Jan 4 09:34:18 UTC 2017

Hi Harry,

On Tue, Jan 03, 2017 at 04:04:51PM -0500, Harry Rybacki wrote:
> Greetings All,
>
> Folks have been diligently working on the blueprint[1] to prepare
> TripleO-Quickstart (OOOQ)[2] and TripleO-Quickstart-Extras[3] for
> their transition into TripleO-CI. Presently, our aim is to begin the
> actual transition to OOOQ on 4-Feb-2017. We are tracking our work on
> the RDO-Infra Trello board[4] and holding public discussion of key
> blockers on the team’s scrum etherpad[5].

Thanks for the update - can you please describe what "transition into
TripleO-CI" means?

I'm happy to see this work proceeding, but we have to be mindful that the
end of the development cycle (around the time you're proposing) is always
a crazy-busy time where folks are trying to land features and fixes.

So, we absolutely must avoid any CI outages around this time, thus I get
nervous talking about major CI transitions around the Release-candate
weeks ;)

https://releases.openstack.org/ocata/schedule.html

If we're talking about getting the jobs ready, then switching over to
primarily oooq jobs in early pike, that's great, but please lets ensure we
don't may any disruptive changes before the end of this (very short and
really busy) cycle.

> We are hosting weekly transition update meetings (1600-1700 UTC) and
> would like to invite folks to participate. Specifically, we are
> looking for at least one stakeholder in the existing TripleO-CI to
> join us as we prepare to migrate OOOQ. Attend and map out job/feature
> coverage to identify any holes so we can begin plugging them. Please
> reply off-list or reach out to me (hrybacki) on IRC to be added to the
> transition meeting calendar invite.

Why can't we discuss this in the weekly TripleO IRC meeting?

I think folks would be fine with having a standing item where we dicscuss
this transition (there is already a CI item, but I've rarely seen this
topic raised there).

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TripleO

Thanks!

Steve