[openstack-dev] [neutron] Does your plugin support updating network provider extended attributes?

Boden Russell bodenvmw at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 19:18:06 UTC 2017

Today, most, if not all plugins forbid updating network provider
extended attributes. Our docs [1] even say so:

"Most Networking plug-ins and drivers do not support updating any
provider related attributes."

To formalize this we were discussing the possibility of forbidding
updates (PUT) at the API layer [2]. However, such a change begs the
question of backwards compatibility; the motivation for this email.

Question:
Are there any neutron plugins that DO support updating network provider
extended attributes [1]?

Thanks

PS: Just to make sure we cover our bases, I'll send a quick note to the
operator list as well; referring to this one.

[1]
https://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/networking/v2/#provider-extended-attributes
[2] https://review.openstack.org/421961/