[openstack-dev] [keystone]PKI token VS Fernet token

joehuang joehuang at huawei.com
Sat Feb 25 04:09:45 UTC 2017

Hello, Matt,

Thank you for your reply, just as what you mentioned, for the slow changed data, aync. replication should work. My concerns is that the impact of replication delay, for example (though it's quite low chance to happen):

1) Add new user/group/role in RegionOne, before the new user/group/role are replicated to RegionTwo, the new user begin to access RegionTwo service, then because the data has not arrived yet, the user's request to RegionTwo may be rejected for the token vaildation failed in local KeyStone.

2)In token revoke case. If we remove the user'role in RegionOne, the token in RegionOne will be invalid immediately, but before the remove operation replicated to the RegionTwo, the user can still use the token to access the services in RegionTwo. Although it may last in very short interval.

Is there someone can evaluate the security risk is affordable or not.

Best Regards
Chaoyi Huang (joehuang)