[openstack-dev] [keystone][api] Changing devstack to not set up keystone on :5000 and :35357

Brant Knudson blk at acm.org
Fri Feb 24 15:24:49 UTC 2017

At the PTG there was some discussion about changing services to not listen
on ports[0]. I'd been working on this for devstack keystone off and on for
some time[1], so I thought I'd dust off that work again to see what the
problems were. Turns out things must have been fixed since, after rebasing
and cleaning up the change, it's now passing our gate tests. I split up the
change since there was some refactoring to do before making the final
change of having Apache HTTPd not listen on :5000 and :35357.

This will likely affect devstack plugins using KEYSTONE_SERVICE_PROTOCOL,
KEYSTONE_SERVICE_HOST, and KEYSTONE_AUTH_PORT instead of
KEYSTONE_SERVICE_URI[2].

[0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/service-catalog-pike
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/312230/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/437760/