[openstack-dev] [Openstack-docs] [docs] [arch-guide] Architecture Design Guide plan for Pike
dazzachan at yahoo.com.au
Fri Feb 24 03:53:06 UTC 2017
Just an update on the draft Architecture Design Guide.
For Ocata, we reorganized some migrated content from the current Arch
Guide and Ops Guide, and updated the compute and networking sections in
the Design chapter. It is currently published at
As discussed at the PTG (1), our plan for Pike:
1. Writing the Design chapter is the highest priority. The goal to
complete the networking and storage sections first, then work on the
remaining sections and chapters.
2. Create a bug report for each task, describing what information
should be covered to complete the task.
3. Develop a use case template which will be applied to all
architecture use cases in the guide.
4. Remove the architecture content from the Ops Guide since it has been
migrated and integrated into the draft Arch Guide.
5. Remove the current Arch Guide and publish the draft Arch Guide to
Our plans are also documented in the spec:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/436747/. I would really appreciate some
reviews and comments.
Overhauling the guide has been ongoing for a few release cycles due to
lack of contributors. We would like to make good progress for Pike, so
if you are interested in getting involved, please reach out to me or Ben
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OpenStack-dev