[openstack-dev] [qa] Tempest Stable plugin interface change broke gate

Ghanshyam Mann ghanshyam.mann at nectechnologies.in
Wed Feb 22 19:12:50 UTC 2017

Sorry about that. We are ok with that patch to merge that and yes we should do that with deprecation warning etc.

> To stop this happening in the future, can we get tempest to gate on some
> tempest plugins?
>
> Just a gate job that runs when any code in the designated stable sections of
> tempest change would be incredibly useful.

That might be difficult to run lot of plugins tests on job for tempest stable interface but yes I agree with idea and we should have some mechanism to block the removal of stable interface without deprecation etc.
Let's us think about more on this.