[openstack-dev] The end of OpenStack packages in Debian?

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Wed Feb 22 11:13:49 UTC 2017

On 02/21/2017 12:19 PM, Clint Byrum wrote:
> We may have to agree to disagree on that. The libraries and clients
> should be an order of magnitude simpler than the services to maintain.

The problem isn't simplicity, but the amount of work. Once you've done
all the libraries, there's not much added work to be done to get all the
services uploaded, especially if the package only needs update.
Typically, I was needing 2 to 3 weeks (on each beta or RC) to get all
dependency into shape, and a few days for the services on top.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)