[openstack-dev] [Sahara][QA] Tests broken after a devstack change

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Tue Feb 21 16:18:12 UTC 2017

On 02/21/2017 10:45 AM, Luigi Toscano wrote:
> Hi team (mostly at the PTG),
>
> you probably noticed that the jobs has been failing since February 17th. The
> reason can be traced back to this change in devstack:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/433272/
>
> I tried to revert it and rerun a job after setting the revert and dependency,
> and indeed both the tempest and the scenario jobs passed (ignore the failure
> in the cli job, it is unrelated):
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/436116/
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/436479/
>
> The main error was related to
>  EndpointNotFound: adminURL endpoint for compute service not found
>
> so most likely we need to revisit how Sahara uses the endpoints. If you have
> some time, please squeeze this into the discussions. Or check with the rest of
> QA/devstack people if it is possible to revert the change.
>
> This is master only (so Pike), Ocata is not affected (as the change landed
> after that devstack was branched). Still it blocks some merges.
>
> Ciao

You can change
https://github.com/openstack/sahara/blob/af5979e70bd1665abca780bb1d0965e240e9f5e5/devstack/settings#L26
to publicURL as a default, then things will be fine.

The explosion of the 3 interfaces is a bit of an anti pattern we are
trying to claw back, because there is really no different in
functionality provided by them, it's merely a way to designate different
network paths. The out of the box devstack is now providing only
publicURL except when services specifically do something different with
them, like admin.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague