[openstack-dev] [Zun]Use 'uuid' instead of 'id' as object ident in data model

Hongbin Lu hongbin.lu at huawei.com
Tue Feb 21 16:10:42 UTC 2017

Gordon & Qiming,

Thanks for your inputs. The only reason Zun was using 'id' is because the data model was copied from other projects and those projects are using 'id', but I couldn't think of a reason why they were using 'id' at the first place. By aggregating the feedback so far, I think it makes sense for Zun to switch to 'uuid' since we introduced etcd as an alternative datastore and etcd didn't support auto-increment primary key, unless someone pointed out a valid reason for stay using 'id'...

Best regards,
Hongbin