[openstack-dev] [all] [ptg] [goals] Pike WSGI Goal Planning

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Mon Feb 20 03:17:20 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 11:56 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:
> Emilien Macchi wrote:
>> I created https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ptg-pike-wsgi so we can
>> start discussing on this goal.
>> Thierry confirmed to me that we would have a room on either Monday or
>> Tuesday. Please let us know in the etherpad if you have schedule
>> constraints.
>
> Sorry if I was unclear... you actually have the room available on both
> days !

That's awesome, so we have a room for 2 days: Georgia 11; Level 1.

Because folks are busy to attend different cross-projects sessions, I
think it would be great to kick-off the session on Monday morning with
a group of people representing different projects.

We might want to see some folks from Keystone and / or Telemetry who
have been involved in WSGI work; so they can share their experience,
feedback and the path they took to get there.
These 2 days could be used to:

1) Share the feedback of how some projects moved to WSGI only
deployments (Keystone, Telemetry, etc).
2) Dress a list of technical challenges.
3) Evaluate the amount of work for each project (we'll need a
representative of each project involved in API work).
4) Target some work for Pike (blueprints, specs, etc).

There is no specific agenda now, we hope to have dynamic discussions
each others, where team can share their experience.

I'll be at the room for 9am and stay around during the morning (note:
I might also say Hi to SWG to see how things are being organized).

Also, because there are 2 goals for Pike (this one and Python 3.5), we
might need to sync with Doug, to avoid overlaps of sessions, so we
allow folks to attend both topics. Our rooms will be neighbors, so I
guess we can easily communicate.

Please let us know any question or propose any session during these 2
days about $topic.

See you tomorrow,
Thanks,

> --