[openstack-dev] The end of OpenStack packages in Debian?

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sat Feb 18 23:58:01 UTC 2017

On 02/18/2017 07:59 AM, Clint Byrum wrote:
> Indeed, DPMT uses all the worst choices for maintaining most of the
> python module packages in Debian. However, something will need to be
> done to spread the load of maintaining the essential libraries, and the
> usual answer to that for Python libraries is DPMT.

I wish the Python team was more like the Perl one, who really is a well
functioning with a strong team spirit and commitment, with a sense of
collective responsibility. It's far from being the case in the DPMT.

Moving packages to the DPMT will not magically get you new maintainers.
Even within the team, there's unfortunately *a lot* of strong package
ownership.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)