[openstack-dev] [tripleo] CI Squad Meeting Summary (week 7)

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Fri Feb 17 18:18:07 UTC 2017

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 03:39:44PM +0100, Attila Darazs wrote:
> As always, if these topics interest you and you want to contribute to the
> discussion, feel free to join the next meeting:
>
> Time: Thursdays, 15:30-16:30 UTC
> Place: https://bluejeans.com/4113567798/
>
> Full minutes: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-ci-squad-meeting

Was this meeting recorded in some manner? I see you are using bluejeans, but
don't see any recordings of the discussion.

Additionally, I am a little sad IRC is not being used for these meetings. Some
of the things tripleo is doing is of interest of me, but I find it difficult to
join a video session for 1hour just to listen.  With IRC, it is easier for me to
multi task into other things, then come back and review what has been discussed.

> * We discussed about the state of the Quickstart based update/upgrade jobs
> upstream. matbu is working on them and the changes for the jobs are under
> review. Sagi will help with adding project definitions upstream when the
> changes are merged.
>
> * John started to draft out the details of the CI related PTG sessions[1].
>
> * A couple of us brought up reviews that they wanted merged. We discussed
> the reasons, and agreed that sometimes an encouraging email to the mailing
> list has the best effect to move important or slow-to-merge changes moving
> forward.
>
> * We talked quite a lot about log collection upstream. Currently Quickstart
> doesn't collect logs exactly as upstream, and that might be okay, as we
> collect more, and hopefully in a more easy to digest format.
>
> * However we might collect too much, and finding the way around the logs is
> not that easy. So John suggested to create an entry page in html for the
> jobs that point to different possible places to find debug output.

Yes, logging was something of an issue this week.  We are still purging data on
logs.o.o, but it does look like quickstart is too aggressive with log
collection. We currently only have 12TB of HDD space for logs.o.o and our
retention policy has dropped from 6 months to 6 weeks.

I believe we are going have a discussion at the PTG about this for
openstack-infra and implement some changes (caps) for jobs in the coming future.
If you are planning on attending the PTG, I encourage you to attend the
discussions.