[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Fwd: TripleO mascot - how can I help your team?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Feb 17 12:54:16 UTC 2017

On 2017-02-16 18:43:29 -0800 (-0800), John Dickinson wrote:
[...]
> Second, the foundation messaging around the PTG emphasizes
> per-project developers. From https://www.openstack.org/ptg/
>
> The event is not optimized for non-contributors or people who
> can’t relate to a specific project team. Each team is given a
> single room and attendees are expected to spend all their time
> with their project team. Attendees who can’t pick a specific team
> to work with are encouraged to skip the event in favor of
> attending the OpenStack Summit, where a broader range of topics is
> discussed.

Hard to pin this one on the foundation. The way the event is
designed and organized is based on feedback and recommendations from
our community over the past several years, so in this case it seems
they're just trying to give us what we said we wanted.

Of course, to your point, it does still make a statement about
developer identity and how we may collectively view ourselves (that
we just wanted easier cross-project interaction but not a fully
cross-project event).
--
Jeremy Stanley