[openstack-dev] [telemetry] Triggering alarms on Swift notifications

Denis Makogon lildee1991 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 13:04:52 UTC 2017

Greetings.

Could someone provide any guidelines for checking why alarm or ok-action
webhooks are not being executed. Is it possible to investigate an issue by
analyzing ceilometer and/or aodh logs?

So, my devstack setup based on master branch with local.conf (see
https://gist.github.com/denismakogon/4d88bdbea4bf428e55e88d25d52735f6)

Once devstack installed i'm checking if notifications are being emitted
while uploading files to Swift and i'm able to see events in Ceilometer
(see https://gist.github.com/denismakogon/c6ad75899dcc50ce2a9b9f6a4e0612f7).

After that i'm trying to setup Aodh event alarm (see
https://gist.github.com/denismakogon/f6449e71ba9bb04cdd0065b52918b5af)

And that's where i'm stuck, while working with Swift i see notifications
are coming from ceilometermiddleware to Panko and available in Ceilometer
via event-list but no alarm being triggered in Aodh.

So, could someone explain me what am i doing wrong or am i missing
something?

Kind regards,
Denis Makogon