[openstack-dev] [storlets][swift][mascot] Storlets mascot

Eran Rom eran at itsonlyme.name
Thu Feb 16 09:04:28 UTC 2017

So the hard work getting into the big-tent was worth it!

While the storlets team should have the final word, I will be very happy if the Swift community helped us in the process.

Below are few options I have thought about.
Comments / other suggestions are mostly welcome!

Thanks very much,
Eran

1. Hummingbird. Works hard to stay put in the air. Storlets make the CPU to work so that data stays in place (and its a bird) Is that a conflict with the go-lang effort?
2. Sloth. Does not move much. Storlets aim at not moving the data
3. Thinking Monkey (as e.g. here: https://philosaccounting.com/a/humor/thinkers-anonymous/). We all want to look smart.
4. Bat upside down. Bring the compute to the data rather then the other way around.
5. pied stilt (see e.g. http://nzbirdsonline.org.nz/species/pied-stilt). For its elegance :-) (and for being a bird)