[openstack-dev] Ceilometer event-list empty

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Wed Feb 15 19:09:47 UTC 2017

On 15/02/17 12:06 AM, Sam Huracan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm unable to show event-list of ceilometer, meanwhile meter-list has
> data. Ceilometer log does not any "ERROR".
>
> My ceilometer.conf: http://paste.openstack.org/show/598925/
> My ceilometer version: http://prntscr.com/e8wob6
>
> I'm using OpenStack Mitaka.
> But, with another system installing Gnocchi dispatcher, I can show
> event-list.

just to clarify, ceilometer event-list works if you have gnocchi enabled
but doesn't work if you have everything pushing to mongodb?

i would check mongodb and check your event collection to see if you have
any data.

if you don't, i would check to see if you have any errors in collector
or notification agent

if you do, it's probably something related to your policy. only events
related to a user are returned or if the user is admin, it will return
all events related to the project.

--
gord