[openstack-dev] [ux] Future of the OpenStack UX team

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Feb 15 09:39:39 UTC 2017

Shamail Tahir wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 9:43 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org
> <mailto:thierry at openstack.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi everyone,
>
>     Piet recently reached out to me to explain that he won't be able to
>     continue in his role as OpenStack UX team's PTL. Since he created the
>     team and spent a lot of time coordinating its activities, that raises
>     the question of the future of the OpenStack UX team.
>
>     The situation was discussed at the TC meeting yesterday[1] and the
>     general feeling was that there was a lot of value in a separate team
>     centralizing things like Persona definition and facilitating
>     properly-conducted UX surveys. That said, if nobody is able to dedicate
>     the time that effort needs, we could also disband the centralized team
>     and encourage every project to adopt the tools and techniques that were
>     built and introduced by the UX team in the past years.
>
>     So... What are your thoughts on those options ? Do we have a volunteer
>     (or more than one) to take over UX PTLship ?
>
> Hi Thierry,
>
> I had set up a doodle poll to gauge interest/establish a new meeting
> time for the UX working group but we only had one additional response.
> How should we proceed since it seems there was low interest in
> participation?

Hi Shamail,

Thanks again for your help in wrangling volunteers in the UX area. Given
the low interest I propose we keep the effort dormant until we can
schedule a community discussion about UX at the Forum in Boston, where
we might trigger more interest and volunteers.

What do you think ?

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)