[openstack-dev] [oslo_messaging] Limiting the number of retries for kafka driver

Elancheran Subramanian esubramanian at godaddy.com
Tue Feb 14 19:52:45 UTC 2017

Hello All,
This is reg limiting the number of retries for Kafka driver support on Nova and Neutron.

While trying out the oslo messaging notifications support for Kafka on Nova and Neutron, the Kafka driver doesn’t support limiting the number of retries for failed messages. When I checked the code, currently there is no configuration which support that, though the send_notification has retry https://github.com/openstack/oslo.messaging/blob/master/oslo_messaging/_drivers/impl_kafka.py#L336 but it’s not set or passed from component’s (nova or neutron’s) configuration. Is there any configuration which I’m missing? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Cheran