[openstack-dev] [QA] Pike PTG Schedule

Ken'ichi Ohmichi ken1ohmichi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 14:57:54 UTC 2017

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for organizing QA sessions for PTG.

> Hello team,
>
> I did some work on the etherpad [0] to organise the QA PTG schedule based on
> the proposed sessions.
> I separated discussion sessions from hands-on type of actives. I thing the
> former will require a fixed schedule so folks may know when to pop-in to
> attend; the latter may happen more ad-hoc based on who's there an not busy
> in a session. We can have a final discussion on this in the QA meeting on
> Thursday [1].

It is a nice idea to separate discussion sessions from hands-on (code
sprint) sessions.
Now we have 9 discussion sessions which don't require arranging the
time schedule with the other teams.
So I feel it is nice to schedule them in the first day and schedule
hands-on sessions(working items based on discussion sessions and 3
original hands-on session) in the second day so that we get feedback
and discuss them again during the second day.
That is an idea, I am happy to see the other schedule idea :-)

> I haven't fixed the exact schedule yet, I will do it soon; meanwhile please
> let me know if you think your session will need more or less then 30' which
> is the standard time I would allocate.
> Discussions that overrun the planned time can go in a parking lot, which we
> can pick up later at the PTG or during meetings.
> Any session preparation work / existing material, previous discussions,
> links and so can go in the respective etherpad.
>
> I think we have a good set of topics to discuss and code to write, enough to
> keep us busy for more than the time we have.
> Nonetheless, if you have more topic to propose please continue adding them
> to the etherpad.

Yes, it is nice to make us busy in PTG.

Thanks
Ken Ohmichi