[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Fwd: TripleO mascot - how can I help your team?

Carlos Camacho Gonzalez ccamacho at redhat.com
Tue Feb 14 12:30:08 UTC 2017

I'll vote also for option 1 if we can keep it.

One thing, you can see how designers have iterated over ironic's logo
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/
attachments/20170201/a016f685/attachment.png to fit the OpenStack
illustration style.

Is it possible for designers to iterate over http://tripleo.org/_static/
tripleo_owl.svg to make it fit the guidelines?

Cheers,
Carlos.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 12:34 PM, Lucas Alvares Gomes <lucasagomes at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just a FYI, we have had similar discussions about the proposed logo for
Ironic, there's still many unanswered questions but, if you guys are
interested this is the link to the ML thread: http://lists.openstack.org/
pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-February/111401.html

> Cheers,
> Lucas
>
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 2:38 AM, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com>
wrote:

>> Team, I've got this email from Heidi.
>>
>> I see 3 options :
>>
>> 1. Keep existing logo: http://tripleo.org/_static/tripleo_owl.svg .
>>
>> 2. Re-design a new logo that "meets" OpenStack "requirements".
>>
>> 3. Pick-up the one proposed (see below).
>>

>> Personally, I would vote for keeping our existing logo (1.) unless
someone has time to create another one or if the team likes the proposed
one.

>> The reason why I want to keep our logo is because our current logo was
created by TripleO devs, we like it and we already have tee-shirts and
other goodies with it. I don't see any good reason to change it.

>> Discussion is open and we'll vote as a team.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Emilien.

team reach a solution that makes them happy but still fits within the
family of logos we’re using at the PTG and going forward. Here’s what our
illustrators came up with, which hides an “O” shape in the owl (face and
wing arcs).

>> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qz45miiiam3caiy/AAAzPGYEZRMGH6Otid3bLfHFa?dl=0
>> At this point, I don’t have quorum from your team (I got a lot of
conflicting feedback, most of which was “don’t like” but not actionable for
the illustrators to make a revision). At the PTG, we’ll have mascot
stickers and signage for all teams except for Ironic and TripleO, since
we’re still waiting on your teams to make a final decision.

>> May I recommend that your team choose one person (or a small group of no
more than three) to finalize this? I was able to work through all of
Swift’s issues with just a quick 15-minute chat with John Dickinson and I’d
like to believe we can solve this for TripleO as well.

>> We know some of your team has expressed concern over retiring the
existing mascot. It’s not our intention to make anyone “get rid of” a
beloved icon. Your team can certainly print it on vintage items like shirts
and stickers. But for official channels like the website, we need a logo to
represent TripleO that’s cohesive with the rest of the set.

>> Perhaps when you’re face to face with your team at the PTG, you can
discuss and hopefully render a final decision to either accept this as a
logo, or determine a few people willing to make any final changes with me?