[openstack-dev] [ironic] this week's priorities and subteam reports

Loo, Ruby ruby.loo at intel.com
Mon Feb 13 20:27:06 UTC 2017

Hi,

We are feverish to present this week's priorities and subteam report for Ironic. As usual, this is pulled directly from the Ironic whiteboard[0] and formatted.

This Week's Priorities (as of the weekly ironic meeting)
1. Clean up release notes for 7.0.0 https://review.openstack.org/#/c/431188/
    1.1. also inspector https://review.openstack.org/#/c/433043/
    1.2. also IPA https://review.openstack.org/#/c/433051/
2. portgroups and attach/detach tempest tests: https://review.openstack.org/382476
3. review maximum specs, especially those proposed for PTG discussions

Bugs (dtantsur)
===============
- Stats (diff between 06 Feb 2017 and 13 Feb 2017)
- Ironic: 220 bugs (-5) + 236 wishlist items (+5). 17 new (-8), 181 in progress (-3), 0 critical, 25 high and 29 incomplete (+3)
- Inspector: 14 bugs (+1) + 20 wishlist items. 2 new, 12 in progress, 0 critical, 1 high (-1) and 5 incomplete (+1)
- Nova bugs with Ironic tag: 11. 1 new (+1), 0 critical, 0 high (-1)

Portgroups support (sambetts, vdrok)
====================================
* trello: https://trello.com/c/KvVjeK5j/29-portgroups-support
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
    - tempest tests https://review.openstack.org/382476 need review

CI refactoring (dtantsur, lucasagomes)
======================================
* trello: https://trello.com/c/c96zb3dm/32-ci-refactoring
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
    - standalone tests proposed by vsaienk0 https://review.openstack.org/#/c/423556/

Rolling upgrades and grenade-partial (rloo, jlvillal)
* trello: https://trello.com/c/GAlhSzLm/2-rolling-upgrades-and-grenade-with-multi-node
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
- bumped to Pike.
    - patches need reviews: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1526283.
    - Testing work:
        - Grenade + multi-tenant is now working!!!  With a couple grenade patches that need to land.
        - Next step is: grenade + multi-tenant + multi-NODE.
            - As expected, it is failing :( Currently debugging the issue to determine what is the reason.

Generic boot-from-volume (TheJulia)
===================================
* trello: https://trello.com/c/UttNjDB7/13-generic-boot-from-volume
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
    - Bumped to pike
    - API side changes for volume connector information has a procedural -2 until we can begin making use of the data in the conductor, but should stil be reviewed
        - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/214586/
        - This change has been rebased on top of the iPXE template update revision to support cinder/iscsi booting.
    - Boot from volume/storage cinder interface is up for review
        - Julia expecting to rebase these change Monday 2/14
        - https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/ironic+branch:master+topic:bug/1559691
    - Original volume connection information client patches
        - They need OSC support added into the revisions.
        - These changes should be expected to land once Pike opens.
        - https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/python-ironicclient+branch:master+topic:bug/1526231

Driver composition (dtantsur, jroll)
====================================
* trello: https://trello.com/c/fTya14y6/14-driver-composition
- gerrit topic: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+topic:bug/1524745
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
    - a job based on the IPMI hardware type is running non-voting
        - will probably be rolled into some other job(s) later
    - api-ref merged
    - next steps (some yet to be written/finished) as of 13 Feb 2017:
        - install guide / admin guide docs - TODO
        - client changes:
            - driver commands update: https://review.openstack.org/419274
            - node-update update: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/431542/
    - We should agree on some scope for this feature for Ocata, I guess. Maybe we call it semi-done when we finish ^^^
        - +1, and we can talk at PTG about anything missing, path to getting vendor hw types, etc
        - UPD: I think we can call it done for Ocata, modulo docs
            - (rloo) i thought CI and hw types equivalents for classic drivers was still missing

Rescue mode (JayF)
==================
- Work on pause until Ocata is cut (no more rebasing until then :D)
* trello: https://trello.com/c/PwH1pexJ/23-rescue-mode
- Bumped to pike.
- Working in devstack! http://imgur.com/a/dqvE2
- 1/30 status
    - need reviews on:
        - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/350831/ - API/conductor methods (tested working)
        - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/353156/ - rescuewait timeout periodic task
        - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/400437/ - agent driver patch (tested working)
        - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/408341/ - client support patch (tested working)
        - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/423521 - IPA support for CoreOS Image + DHCP networks (tested working)
    - Still WIP
        - Docs: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/419606/
        - Nova patch: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/416487/

etags in the REST API (gzholtkevych)
====================================
* trello: https://trello.com/c/MbNA4geB/33-rest-api-etags
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
    - (galyna) spec needs review: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/381991/. Need to get comments according to what has been posted.
    - (galyna) Patches are up. Recording the demo

ironic-python-agent’s REST API versioning (sambetts)
* trello: https://trello.com/c/1STx5ry3/34-ipa-rest-api-versioning
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
    - spec needs reviews: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/341086/

deploy steps (mat128, yolanda)
==============================
* trello: https://trello.com/c/M7PueRS0/35-deploy-steps
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
    - spec under review: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/412523/

specific fault support (JayF)
=============================
* trello: https://trello.com/c/sYafFLBy/36-specific-fault-support
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
    - Ready for review -- some issues remain but want to get consensus on what is posted.
    - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/334113/

soft power off and NMI support (naohirot)
* trello: https://trello.com/c/IJfChqsK/37-soft-power-off-and-nmi
- gerrit topic: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1526226
- status as of 06 Feb 2017:
    - (dtantsur) all code done (ironic, ironicclient, nova), documentation is left
- Feb 6 (rloo) I checked and there seem to be two outstanding patches.
    - the second bullet here isn't done yet: http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/specs/not-implemented/enhance-power-interface-for-soft-reboot-and-nmi.html#rest-api-impact
        - right, I think we should treat is separately (more or less)

node tags (zhenguo)
===================
* trello: https://trello.com/c/WN1J7EzF/38-node-tags
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
    - code needs reviews: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1526266
- punting to pike, author is on holiday until after FF

Inspector (dtansur)
===================
- No updates, ready for the release

Bifrost (TheJulia)