[openstack-dev] [tripleo] deploying Nova Placement API in IPv6

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Sun Feb 12 16:23:31 UTC 2017

I have been investigating this bug over the week-end:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1663187

The ovb-updates CI job has been red since we've unpinned Nova in TripleO CI.
Reminder: this job deploys TripleO with IPv6 activated on public endpoints.

I've been able to reproduce the issue locally and proposed a patch
upstream that change the Placement public endpoint to use internal
network on IPv4.
I haven't found yet why the compute node can't reach the public
endpoint (on ipv6) - but I hope someone from our team would have an
answer before I continue to dig.

This is the patch:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/432761/

If you think that's a valid fix, or you think there is another way to
fix this thing, please let me know in the review.

Emilien Macchi