[openstack-dev] [nova] Next minimum libvirt version

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Fri Feb 10 00:10:07 UTC 2017

On 02/09/2017 05:51 PM, Steve Gordon wrote:
> [...]

Our distro support policy is to at minimum support latest Ubuntu LTS and
latest RHEL. I think given that it's more than fine for us to drop
support for 14.04 and RHEL 7.1 in master.

>> There is also the distro support wiki [1] which hasn't been updated in
>> awhile.
>
> I've added the details I have for Fedora 25 and RHEL/CentOS 7.3, TL;DR:
>
> Fedora 25:
> Libvirt 2.2.0
> Qemu 2.7.1
> Libguestfs 1.34.3
>
> RHEL 7.3:
> Libvirt 2.0.0
> Qemu 2.6.0
> Libguestfs 1.32.7

So I think, sadly, that means:
Libvirt: 1.3.1
Qemu: 2.5
Libguestfs: 1.32.3

Which are all the Xenial versions and what we're testing in the gate
(and older than the RHEL or Fedora versions)

FWIW, Yakkety has:
Libvirt: 2.1.0
Qemu: 2.6.1
Libguestfs: 1.32.7

so progress does seem to be being made there.