[openstack-dev] [nova] Next minimum libvirt version

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 23:29:22 UTC 2017

Since danpb hasn't been around I've sort of forgotten about this, but we
should talk about bumping the minimum required libvirt version in nova.

Currently it's 1.2.1 and the next was set to 1.2.9.

On master we're gating on ubuntu 14.04 which has libvirt 1.3.1 (14.04
had 1.2.2).

If we move to require 1.2.9 that effectively kills 14.04 support for
devstack + libvirt on master, which is probably OK.

There is also the distro support wiki [1] which hasn't been updated in
awhile.

I'm wondering if 1.2.9 is a safe move for the next required minimum
version and if so, does anyone have ideas on the next required version
after that?

I'm hoping some of the Red Hat people can chime in here.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/LibvirtDistroSupportMatrix

Matt Riedemann