[openstack-dev] [oslo] pbr and warnerrors status
doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Feb 8 15:41:13 UTC 2017
Excerpts from Ben Nemec's message of 2017-02-08 09:20:31 -0600:
> On 02/08/2017 01:53 AM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> > On 2017-02-08 00:56, Ian Cordasco wrote:
> >> On Feb 7, 2017 5:47 PM, "Joshua Harlow" <harlowja at fastmail.com
> >> <mailto:harlowja at fastmail.com>> wrote:
> >> Likely just never pulled the trigger.
> >> Seems like we should pull it though.
> >> Will have to wait until Pike given the library release freeze
> > I've pushed a patch to release pbr so that we won't forget about it:
> > https://review.openstack.org/430618
> > Andreas
> Great, thanks everybody!
It would be useful for someone to look at the pbr change and verify that
releasing it as-is won't break the builds for a bunch of projects by
turning the flag back on. If it will, we're going to want to provide a
way to stage the roll out. If we change the name of the flag, for
example, we could release pbr for support for checking warnings, and
then projects could enable that when they have time and with the fixes
to the docs needed to make it work properly.
More information about the OpenStack-dev