[openstack-dev] [release] Support phase clarification

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Tue Feb 7 17:41:31 UTC 2017

Just looking for clarification on our support phase timing now with the
shorter release cycle for Ocata.

According to our published support phase schedule [1], each phase is in
6 month increments from the release date.

In the past, this had lined up nicely so that when N was release, N-1
and N-2 rolled over into the next support phase. Now with Ocata being
released less than six months from Newton, I am assuming this will not
be the case, and we are in fact sticking with the published phases. Or
are we adjusting for this cycle to stay with the N-1, N-2 convention?

Thanks!

Sean  (smcginnis)

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/stable-branches.html#support-phases