[openstack-dev] [Oslo][all] Pike PTG idea & discussion

Lance Bragstad lbragstad at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 19:48:59 UTC 2017

Not sure how much time it would require at the PTG - but I'd really like to
discuss the ability to add in-code descriptions of oslo.policy objects, and
eventually whatever we need to advertise new defaults. I'm hoping this will
help OpenStack as a whole move towards providing better policy
out-of-the-box.

The keystone group has mentioned a few times that we'd like to vet the
approach nova took towards moving policy into code using oslo.policy. I've
been trying to synchronize keystone's efforts [0] [1] with John Garbutt
(@johnthetubaguy), who is working on the nova side of things [2].

I'd be happy to help organize anything needed to make these discussions as
productive as possible in Atlanta. We can use the cross-project policy
meeting to prepare for this, too [3].

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/428453/
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/428454/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/427872/