[openstack-dev] [nova] Config option cleanup burndown

Szankin, Maciej maciej.szankin at intel.com
Fri Feb 3 20:37:40 UTC 2017

On 2/3/17 2:26 PM, Singh, Sarafraj wrote:
> Matt,
> This chart is quite accurate. We are almost finished with this work. We have ~10 outstanding patches that did not land in Ocata. There are few more TODO’s left in the code to clean up and that should be it.
>
> -Raj
>
> On 2/3/17, 2:08 PM, "Matt Riedemann" <mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
>
>     This is sort of a direct question to Markus, but how accurate is this
>     burndown chart now?
>
>     http://45.55.105.55:8082/config-options.html
>
>     I think there is still work for this in Pike, but would like to get an
>     idea of how much of the work is left from those more involved (maybe
>     johnthetubaguy or sfinucan can respond to that?).
>
>     --
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     Matt Riedemann

It is up-to-date for the categories/tags that it tracks, but there is
still a bit more underneath - there are few TODOs left in comments that
still require resolving, but we are close. I did not decide to put a
burndown chart up for them as there can be multiple reviews per file and
the whole thing can be messy. We have an etherpad [0] that tries to keep
track of every work item that is left for this bp. TODOs are up-to-date,
deprecation list requires an update (which I will do this evening or
Monday morning).

There are 50 TODOs left in code (10 [it is not a 1-1 relation, this is a
coincidence] of them resolved in outstanding patches that Raj
mentioned), so it leaves 40 to resolve. Some of them are invalid, as the
code base has changed infinite number of times during this release, so I
have a WIP patch that tries to remove all no longer valid TODOs.

[0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/config-options

Cheers,
macsz