[openstack-dev] [oslo][oslo.db] MySQL Cluster support

Octave J. Orgeron octave.orgeron at oracle.com
Fri Feb 3 17:04:01 UTC 2017

Hi Mike,

It might be easier to reduce the size of certain columns today. We have
an enormous amount of wasted space in the tables today. Reducing them
would make things more efficient regardless of the database engine being
used. On the flip side, if we were using SQL Alchemy properly and not
hard coding SQL statements, we could make the database back-end more
agnostic. It would be a major project to fix this across all of the
services today, but that may be the right thing to do in the long term.
InnoDB has it's own scaling issues and at some point a larger shop
(telco or cloud provider) will want other options.

Thanks,
Octave