[openstack-dev] [infra] [gate] [all] openstack services footprint lead to oom-kill in the gate

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Thu Feb 2 21:36:57 UTC 2017

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 7:44 AM, Matthew Treinish <mtreinish at kortar.org> wrote:
> Yeah, I'm curious about this too, there seems to be a big jump in Newton for
> most of the project. It might not a be a single common cause between them, but
> I'd be curious to know what's going on there.

Both Matt from Nova as well as me and Armando suspect
oslo.versionedobjects. Pattern of memory consumption raise somewhat
correlates with the level of adoption for the library, at least in
Neutron. That being said, we don't have any numbers, so at this point
it's just pointing fingers into Oslo direction. :) Armando is going to
collect actual memory profile.

Ihar