[openstack-dev] [nova][ceilometer][postgresql][gate][telemetry] PostgreSQL gate failure (again)

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Feb 1 17:27:08 UTC 2017

On 02/01/2017 12:21 PM, Julien Danjou wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 01 2017, Sean Dague wrote:
>
>> If setup tools want to support things, that's fine, just they do need to
>> realize they are owning that support its not coming from upstream.
>
> The problem as I see it right now is that upstream is schizophrenic: it
> seems it does not want to support nor gate on PostgreSQL but (have to)
> fix bug when they arise.
>
> So what's the call?

I would call it class B support. Upstream(s) can decide to take user
fixes, we're just not going to really test them or consider it supported.

Honestly, it's basically the contract that you get with most software
that doesn't have the high level of CI you get from OpenStack. In a
finite world, you have to pick what gets the class A treatment
(including gating). The rest of it is accept user fixes if there is time.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net