[openstack-dev] [TripleO][Networking] Routed Networking Deployment Specs

Dan Sneddon dsneddon at redhat.com
Wed Feb 1 17:17:59 UTC 2017

I have published specs [1] [2] [3] [4] and blueprints [5] [6] [7] [8] for
review for Pike that cover the changes required to deploy onto routed (AKA
spine-and-leaf or Clos) networks with TripleO. These need some review, and
there are still some technical decisions that need to be nailed down. I
also need some volunteers to help me implement this, in particular with the
changes required to the TripleO Heat Templates to allow for multiple
subnets per network.

I tried to focus on the problem rather than the solution, but where I
thought there was a clear solution, I provided as much detail as I could.
There are some instances where I presented more than one possible solution.
These specs are quite lengthy at the moment, but I expect that we can trim
them down as we narrow the focus and make final technical decisions as a group.

Please review these specs when you have some time, all feedback is welcome.
This is one of our highest priority features for Pike. Please let me know
if you are interested in helping with this effort.

[1] - https://review.openstack.org/421009  (master blueprint)
[2] - https://review.openstack.org/421010  (routed ctlplane IP)
[3] - https://review.openstack.org/421011  (Ironic Inspector)
[4] - https://review.openstack.org/425464  (THT changes)

[5] -
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/tripleo-routed-networks-deployment
[6] -
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/tripleo-predictable-ctlplane-ips
[7] -
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/tripleo-routed-networks-ironic-inspector
[8] -
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/tripleo-routed-networks-templates
--
Dan Sneddon         |  Senior Principal OpenStack Engineer
dsneddon at redhat.com |  redhat.com/openstack