[openstack-dev] [nova][ceilometer][postgresql][gate][telemetry] PostgreSQL gate failure (again)

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Feb 1 15:18:38 UTC 2017

On 02/01/2017 10:12 AM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> On 2/1/2017 8:07 AM, Julien Danjou wrote:
> It's not just Nova, it's the entire set of integrated-gate jobs which
> dropped the postgresql job. There is a bit more history there, it's in
> the ML somewhere, but it's not just like Nova decided to stop running it
> in the integrated gate.
>
> At the time it was removed, I said I thought it might be a good idea to
> run it on oslo.db changes, or at least in a periodic job queue, but
> since we removed it from the integrated-gate set of jobs I wouldn't just
> make it gating by itself on nova again.
>
> If it could be worked into an existing job as a wrinkle then that's an
> option, i.e. nova has this placement job which was unique in newton
> because it ran the optional things at the time for nova like placement
> and cells v2, but those are required globally now in master so are less
> special. But in Pike we're going to be looking at some new snowflakes
> for that job, like cinder v3, service users, etc etc, so maybe postgres
> could be worked in there.

The user survey showed almost no one actually using postgresql in
production. I think that it's time to really retire CI on postgresql
entirely. Ad hoc fixes are fine, but all the documentation and basically
all the users are on mysql, and that should be the focus moving forward.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net