[openstack-dev] [cinder] Cinder with remote LVM proposal

Erlon Cruz sombrafam at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 11:31:24 UTC 2017

Hi Marco,

What you are proposing is almost like to create an LVM storage box. I
haven't seen any real benefit from the advantages you listed. For 1), the
same problems you can have upgrading the services within the same node will
happen if the LVM services are not in the same host. For, 2), now you have
2 nodes to manage instead of 1, which double the changes of having
problems. And for 3), I really didn't get the advantage related to the
solution you are proposing.

If you have real deployments cases where this could help (or if there are
other people interested), please list it here so people can see more
concrete benefits of using this solution.

Erlon