[openstack-dev] [release][all][ptl][stable] the process for creating stable/ocata branches

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Wed Feb 1 02:13:21 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 12:27:08PM -0500, Doug Hellmann wrote:

> * I will branch the requirements repository shortly after all of
>   the cycle-with-milestone projects have branched. After the
>   requirements repository is branched and the master requirements
>   list is opened, projects that have not branched will be tested
>   with Pike requirements as the requirements master branch advances
>   and stable/ocata stays stable. Waiting too long to create the
>   stable/ocata branch may result in broken CI jobs in either
>   stable/ocata or master. Don't delay any further than necessary.

I'd just like to highlight this point.  During the newton -> ocata freeze we saw
a number of projects delaying the branch for too long when meant they ended up
testing with the ocata requirements and then shortly after branching they got
requirements updates from newton which in many cases meant things went backwards
:(

From a requirements team POV we'll delay any minimum bumps for a couple of week
to reduce this but there's only so long we can do that.

Tony.