[openstack-dev] [all] Switching to longer development cycles

Joshua Harlow harlowja at fastmail.com
Thu Dec 21 22:37:54 UTC 2017

My 3 cents are that this isn't something that u get asked to put in from
operators, it's something that is built in from the start. Just look at
other workflow systems (which is really what nova/cinder/neutron...
are); they don't try to add this functionality in later (or they
shouldn't at least) but c'est la vie...

With that stated I would agree this is a community-wide goal (and a very
very hard one since every single project 'forgot' to build this in from
the start).

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/spotify/luigi/master/doc/visualiser_front_page.png
(another example of another projects UI that does something similar).