[openstack-dev] [sahara] [api] [sdks] [keystone] Sahara APIv2: service discovery

Jeremy Freudberg jeremyfreudberg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 16:37:28 UTC 2017

I've been delayed in actually starting the grunt work on this. If
anyone else besides Monty is also able to chime in, feel free.

I'm a bit lost in trying to find examples of clients doing version
discovery + endpoint manipulation the "right way". If I could find a
good example life would be easier.

Stuff that constitutes the "right way":
- use keystoneauth for version discovery (should we be using
add_catalog_discover_hack [0] in Sahara's case?)
- actually using keystoneauth discovery features when creating the
client object (in my case, modifying [1])
- somehow putting the project id back in the URL (depending on at what
point in the process this happens, can that just be "%(project_id)s"
or must it be the actual project id, not sure)

All help appreciated.

Thanks!

[0] https://github.com/openstack/keystoneauth/blob/master/keystoneauth1/discover.py#L1224
[1] https://github.com/openstack/python-saharaclient/blob/master/saharaclient/api/client.py