[openstack-dev] [all] Switching to longer development cycles

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 21:16:41 UTC 2017

On 12/19/2017 1:20 PM, Zane Bitter wrote:
> Getting off-topic, but since you walked in to this one ;)

I sure did.

> On 14/12/17 21:43, Matt Riedemann wrote:
>> What are the real problems that the Nova team is not working on and
>> apparently is a priority to everyone else in the OpenStack ecosystem
>> but we are somehow oblivious?
>
> * Providing a secure channel to get credentials to guests so that
> applications running on them can authenticate to OpenStack APIs.

OK yeah, forgot about that one. I remember forum sessions on this in
Boston and there were some TODOs from that, but I can't say I remember
off the top of my head what the TODOs were and who the owners were, but
I thought I remember Monty signing up for something. I might have just
totally thrown him under the bus though.

> * Providing reliable, user-space notifications of events that may
> require application or application-operator intervention (e.g. VM
> reboot, hypervisor died, &c.).

This one is news to me.

Matt