[openstack-dev] [requirements] adding uwsgi to global-requirements

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Wed Dec 20 02:57:07 UTC 2017

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 07:50:59PM -0500, Sam Yaple wrote:
> [...]

Except global requirements is not a generic packaging tool or installer, it's very
specifically a place to store common *requirements* for python between OpenStack
projects. Mostly as a workaround for the lack of real dependency solver in pip.
Nothing is going to ever have uwsgi in it's requirements file. (it can't because
uwsgi doesn't have any standalone python) Doing this would be like making a shim
apache python package which would compile it from source and install it all
using setup.py and using that instead of a distro package.

-Matt Treinish