[openstack-dev] [infra] Cleaning up -1 votes from the Jenkins account

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Dec 18 12:47:57 UTC 2017

Over the weekend, I used the Gerrit API to remove any remaining
negative Verified votes on open changes from the old "Jenkins"
account used by our former Zuul 2.x deployment. This did result in
some 4k+ review update events and notifications from me since the
current version of Gerrit leaves a generated comment on deletion of
a reviewer. Apologies for the noise.

We had kept these in place for a couple months in an effort to
provide a smooth transition and not have too many changes with no
apparent CI result. The effect in the UI for any changes which were
still on pre-v3-rollout patch sets is that the old Jenkins -1 still
took precedence in the change list view even if there were more
recent +1 votes from Zuul v3. Now that these have been cleaned up,
that behavior should hopefully no longer be present.
--
Jeremy Stanley