[openstack-dev] [all] [tc] Community Goals for Rocky

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Fri Dec 15 17:07:53 UTC 2017

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 2:22 PM, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:
[...]
> Suggestions are welcome:
> - on the mailing-list, in a new thread per goal [all] [tc] Proposing
> goal XYZ for Rocky
> - on Gerrit in openstack/governance like Kendall did.

Just a fresh reminder about Rocky goals.
A few questions that we can ask ourselves:

1) What common challenges do we have?

e.g. Some projects don't have mutable configuration or some projects
aren't tested against IPv6 clouds, etc.

2) Who is willing to drive a community goal (a.k.a. Champion)?

note: a Champion is someone who volunteer to drive the goal, but
doesn't commit to write the code necessarily. The Champion will
communicate with projects PTLs about the goal, and make the liaison if
needed.

The list of ideas for Community Goals is documented here:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/community-goals

Please be involved and propose some ideas, I'm sure our community has
some common goals, right ? :-)
Thanks, and happy holidays. I'll follow-up in January of next year.
--
Emilien Macchi