[openstack-dev] [all] Switching to longer development cycles

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 16:52:56 UTC 2017

On 12/15/2017 9:15 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Not only that. Everyone is lagging a few release behind, and currently,
> upstream OpenStack don't care backporting to older releases.

Can you clarify this please? The nova team is definitely backporting
fixes to pike, ocata and newton. Newton isn't EOL yet *because* nova has
held it up backporting fixes that we think are important enough to get
in there before we EOL the branch.

If you're talking about LTS, that's a different story, but please don't
say upstream OpenStack doesn't care about backporting fixes. That might
be a per-project statement, but in general it's untrue.

Matt