[openstack-dev] [all] Switching to longer development cycles

Zhenyu Zheng zhengzhenyulixi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 02:11:24 UTC 2017

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 7:02 PM, Kashyap Chamarthy <kchamart at redhat.com>
wrote:

> [..]
>
> For a relatively mature (~7 years; and ~5 years if we count from the
> time governance changed to OpenStack Foudation) project, one official
> contributor gathering per year sounds fine.  And for those that need
> more face time, people would continue to organize informal meetups.  But
> admittedly, this shifts the logistics apsect onto contributors -- that's
> probably okay, many other contributor communities self-organize meetups.
>
> [...]
>
> --
> /kashyap

The contributors in APAC are growing and wish to be more involved in
OpenStack, it will be really hard for us to join informal meetups( VISA
Invitation letters, company support etc.)
So I really hope the current official technical gathering remains, so that
we can be more involved with the community.