[openstack-dev] [all] Switching to longer development cycles

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 18:54:55 UTC 2017

On 12/14/2017 9:38 AM, Luigi Toscano wrote:
> And the QE in me says that there are enough moving parts around for the integration testing (because CD yes, but the resources are limited) that a longer cycle with a longer time between freeze and release is better to refine the testing part. The cycle as it is, especially for people working both upstream and downstream at the same time, is complicated enough.

Nothing in this proposal is talking about a longer time between feature
freeze and release, as far as I know (maybe I missed that somewhere).

In that regard, the one year cycle does not make the release any more
stable, it just means a bigger pile of stuff dumped on you when you
finally get it and upgrade.

Matt