[openstack-dev] [all][api] POST /api-sig/news

michael mccune msm at redhat.com
Thu Dec 14 17:05:58 UTC 2017

Greetings OpenStack community,

Today's meeting was relatively short and covered a few topics
surrounding OpenStack SDKs and expanding the meeting times.

On the topic of OpenStack SDKs, there is a proposal [7] being crafted
for an SDK certification program. Our discussions mainly centered around
the question of involvement from the SIG in the process and also what
definitions would be used for a baseline certification. Although no
clear answer was reached on the latter topic, the group agreed that we
should watch the proposal status and become involved if it grows and
progresses.

There has been an outstanding request to the SIG for hosting a meeting
in a more APAC friendly time. Ed Leafe has posted an email [8] and
created a survey [9] to help narrow down times that might work for
potential attendees. If you are interested in attending a meeting that
would fit in the APAC time zones, please add your comments to the email
thread and respond to the survey with your preferences. The SIG has
received low responses to both surveys that have been created on this
issue so if you are passionate about seeing meetings occur in a more
friendly time zone please add your response and tell your friends to do
the same!

As the holiday season is nearly upon us, the API-SIG will host its next
meeting on January 4, 2018. Hope to see you then!

* The list of bugs [5] indicates several missing or incomplete guidelines.
* The existing guidelines [2] always need refreshing to account for
changes over time. If you find something that's not quite right, submit
a patch [6] to fix it.
* Have you done something for which you think guidance would have made
things easier but couldn't find any? Submit a patch and help others [6].

# Newly Published Guidelines

None this week.

# API Guidelines Proposed for Freeze

Guidelines that are ready for wider review by the whole community.

None this week

# Guidelines Currently Under Review [3]

* A (shrinking) suite of several documents about doing version and
service discovery
   Start at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/459405/

* WIP: microversion architecture archival doc (very early; not yet ready
for review)
   https://review.openstack.org/444892

* WIP: Add API-schema guide (still being defined)
   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/524467/

# Highlighting your API impacting issues

If you seek further review and insight from the API SIG about APIs that
you are developing or changing, please address your concerns in an email
to the OpenStack developer mailing list[1] with the tag "[api]" in the
subject. In your email, you should include any relevant reviews, links,
and comments to help guide the discussion of the specific challenge you
are facing.

To learn more about the API SIG mission and the work we do, see our wiki
page [4] and guidelines [2].

Thanks for reading and see you next week!