[openstack-dev] [all] Switching to longer development cycles

Melvin Hillsman mrhillsman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 17:12:44 UTC 2017

There are definitely pros and cons to this approach but I think
considerable amount of time and concern went into this prior to being
posted on the ML and agree with JP there will be folks who agree and/or
disagree with some or all of this so TC vote is best. I think getting away
from the debatable pieces of this, it offers some flexibility on a number
of fronts. Personally I was able to hear some of the discussions around
this prior to today and 100% agree with it as well.

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 11:06 AM, Jean-Philippe Evrard <
jean-philippe at evrard.me> wrote:

> On 13 December 2017 at 16:49, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:
> > On 2017-12-13 16:45:14 +0000 (+0000), Chris Jones wrote:
> > [...]
> >> For me the first thing that comes to mind with this proposal, is
> >> how would the milestones/FF/etc be arranged within that year?
> > [...]
> >
> > Excellent point. If it's not too much work for the Release team, it
> > would be very helpful to have a straw man release schedule for a
> > year-long Rocky so we can see what that might look like.
> > --
> > Jeremy Stanley

> Hello,
>
> 100% agreed on all of the above.
>
> I'd think it would be nice to move to 1 year, starting from Rocky.
>
> Thierry, with your position it seems logical that you started this
> conversation and ask for a TC vote.
> I guess there will always be happy/unhappy people anyway, so a TC vote
> seems good.
>
> Best regards,
> JP

Kind regards,