[openstack-dev] [etsinfv][gap-04][blazar]: Clarification on the scope of the capacity query

Mooney, Sean K sean.k.mooney at intel.com
Tue Dec 12 15:56:34 UTC 2017

[Mooney, Sean K] not all mano system require admin privileges. ONAP/OpenO/Ecomp do,
As far as I am aware OSM does not strictly require admin privilege in all cases.
e.g. it is intended to be able query the a vim or an iaas system such as OpenStack
for preexisting flavors, and images and use them if they exist instead of always
needing to have the permissions to create them. If the cloud it is managing does
not have the features it requires and it does not have admin credentials to create them
it will be unable to fulfill the requested vnf instantiation. Similarly on the networking
side not all VNF will require provider network as such vlan network to function. Since the
networking-sfc api is non privilege  a wan optimizer or dpi engine can still be injected into
a neutron tenant network without admin rights. As such in principal a mano system can be a
standard unprivileged tenant, however ONAP/OpenO and ecomp do not support that use case
in their architecture.