[openstack-dev] [cinder][ceilometer] cinder capacity notifications

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Tue Dec 12 14:19:52 UTC 2017

hi,

i'm attempting to add support for the cinder capacity notifications that
were added a while back[1].

adding measurement support in ceilometer is pretty simple where in most
cases you just add an entry to a yaml file[2]. the problem i have right
now is i have no idea what resource these measurement are measuring so
i'm unsure how to name the measurement in ceilometer so a user can
understand what it's measuring.

the following are probably stupid questions but i see it measures two
different resource types, a 'pool' and a 'backend' and they are
ultimately tied to a host. are these measuring the amount of disk on
each host? our pools confined to a host?

anyone with better knowledge is welcomed to take over my patch.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/206923
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/526538

cheers,

--