[openstack-dev] [tripleo] [upgrade] CI status and Current effort.

Sofer Athlan-Guyot sathlang at redhat.com
Fri Dec 8 09:32:43 UTC 2017

Hi,

We (Upgrade Squad) have eventually save some time for fixing/creating
the needed upgrade/update jobs.

We have made an inventory of what currently exists there[1] and what is
missing in the same spreadsheet.

I recap the missing one here:

 - minor updates (master and pike)
 - UC non containerized to containerized
 - ffu-undercould-upgrade
 - ffu-overcloud-upgrade

We are currently working on fixing the existing ocata->pike upgrade.

You don’t see pike->master as we are reworking the workflow (as usual)
and it’s non working.  But we have a jobs to track the progress in
experimental[2] with the right depends-on.

The two newcomers are FFU uc upgrade and oc upgrade (Fast Forward
Upgrade, or upgrade from Newton to Queens).  We have a work in progress
there[3] and there[4] for oc upgrade.

It’s not yet working but would be nice to have those jobs in
experimental as soon as we can to track our progress there and detect
code/repo deletion that prevents the whole FFU to function.

We’re are working on minor upgrade testing there[5] and there[6]

Oki, nearly done...

We have the tripleo-upgrade role that is stuck in transition.  This repo
is an effort to share downstream QE testing with upstream.  Du to
various reasons (speed, mainly) we kept using github instead of
switching to the openstack one.  Now we are stuck there[7].  We would
like a new import but if it is not possible, we will merge all the
patches manually.

So currently we don’t use the role but when it will be there we will do
the switch.

[1] https://ethercalc.openstack.org/iv2jr35o98
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/526006/
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:ffu/ci+(status:open+OR+status:merged)